With such high number of new security camera companies opening up, unfortunately many of them are just private individuals or "1 man operation" attempting to flood the market and make quick profits by selling low quality security cameras. Sadly, the operators of these gimmick businesses lack business integrity and professionalism, electronics and CCTV knowledge, industry experience and passion for the industry. These "experts" are easy to spot as they are generally seen operating personal vehicles with ladders strapped to the roof, their addresses are PO Boxes or fake locations, they are uninsured and without WSIB certificates, and they aggressively promote only one brand of cameras. Their offers and ads can be seen typically on Kijiji, Craigslist or street traffic light poles. We, along with out partners in the industry, will continue to expose this unethical conduct and fully work with BBB, WSIB, Ministry Of Labour and CANASA on these critical industry issues.
Before you hire an installation company to install security cameras on your property, ask to see the following;
- Proof of valid CANASA membership. https://www.canasa.org/EN/
- Up to date security clearance or police check for each installer on site.
- Proof of valid $5 Million Liability Insurance including "Failure To Perform" $5M policy.
- Proof of valid WSIB clearance and full WSIB coverage. www.wsib.on.ca/
- Proof that the company is Bonded. http://www.canadabusiness.ca/eng/page/3409/
- Proof of "Working At Heights" course completion as per Ontario Ministry Of Labour.
- Ask for at least 3 commercial references from existing clients including photo proof of products installation.
- Do Not accept an estimate over the phone or without the contractor inspecting the site first.
- Ask to sign a legal sales agreement for the transaction and keep a copy for your records.
- Do Not provide your deposit in Cash.
- Ask for an estimate based on at least 3 different brands of cameras.